- In February we ran and completed our second half marathon! The Disney Princess Half! Read more about that here.
- In March, I felt the urge to step forward and commit to a yoga teacher training and it was by far one of the scariest and greatest decisions of my life. I grew so much in my training and daily practice. I learned so much about my true self throughout that 8 months and all I want is to learn more and give more of yoga to those I meet.
- In June we took our dream vacation to Paris! It was so rewarding to save up and take our dream vacation as a couple! We had an incredible honeymoon in Rome, but this felt so much more romantic and rewarding. You can read about out trip here and here.
- We made a lot of positive steps financially in 2015. We paid off our credit cards and our car payment. We upped our health fund 2k, and met all of our retirement and personal savings this year! We accomplished this through living within our means and Matt's accountant skills ;)
- In December Matt graduated with his MBA and I graduated with my 200 hour yoga teacher training!
- Two days before Christmas I began teaching my yoga classes at Yoga Pointe here in Lakeland! :D
- I was offered a job at LA Fitness to teach cycle!
It has been an incredible year and we are ramping up for 2016! Here are some of the goals or intentions we have set for 2016:
- Travel! Matt and I love to travel together. I think we really caught the travel bug with our honeymoon in Italy. We have a trip booked and planned for Ireland and London for June! We also would like to do some more US trips. We're thinking about San Francisco/Seattle and we are planning on doing a trip with Matt's parents to NYC in the Fall.
- Continue to build our savings account. I plan on making some big steps in 2016 so we are upping our savings and we plan on investing this year. Making our money work for us! ;)
- Move into a house. We love love love the location of our apartment (Starbucks is across the street!) But its time to be big kids and get a house. We are outgrowing our apartment, so once our lease ends in September we plan on renting a house for the time being. I'm sure the kitties will like all that extra space :)
- More dates and quality time. Matt and I really had a lot of personal accomplishments in 2015, but we want more fun dates together as a couple. We have always loved lounging around together, but we know that babies will be coming in the next couple of years, so we really want to soak up all the time we can together now with fun dates and spontaneous adventures.
- Start teaching cycle!!! I begin teaching at LA Fitness next week (yay!) I'm currently set to teach three class, plus teach yoga and work a full time job! It is going to be crazy, but I feel so fortunate to be getting paid to work out! haha
- Spend more time with family. We did not do this enough last year with how busy we were. This year our intention is to really spend more time in my hometown and with Matt's family.
- I am thinking about possibly enrolling in my 300 hour teacher training, but we will see! I'm just spending my time now learning as much as I can as a new yoga teacher and I will see where I am at near the end of 2016.
With all of the terrible things that happen in the world, I feel so abundantly blessed. I have met some incredible people and saw incredible things this year. It humbles me to see how far we can go if we simply commit to persevere. I had a lot of years of feeling lost and it is so rewarding to finally be on the right track. As hard as it has been for me to learn, you cannot live in fear. You have to step forward and set fire to the path in front of you. With each painful experience I have had, I try to remember that there is always something to be grateful for. That to be alive is such a beautiful gift.
I hope that in 2016 we see every new day as a new opportunity.
I hope you all have a joyful and safe 2016 full of love and many blessings!